Why is it that time stands still and flies by so quickly at the same time when you are sick? I’ve just got over the zombie flu and I feel like I’ve lost a chunk of time. What started out as a scratchy throat, turned into some curl up in a ball sofa sessions dosed up on medicine.
Since I started drafting my posts ahead of time in my iPhone notes app, blogging has become much easier. But I’ve just had a mini panic when I saw that my notes for this blog were nowhere to be found. Turns out it was some conflict between the notes app on my phone and my macbook as I haven’t updated it.
Panic over anyway, I found my small notes for this week and unfortunately there’s no vlog this week. It would just have been clips of my feet at the end of the sofa. 😅 I hardly played any video games because of the headaches and didn’t do much else than watch Manifest season 3 on Netflix. Now after my mini ramble rant, let’s get to the little things that made the week easier. 😄
GRATEFUL BYTES 05
Welcome back to Grateful Bytes. 👾 This is a byte sized post of things I’m grateful for throughout the week in a bid to be more mindful. I hope it inspires you to think about your own highlights of the week, whether you share it in the comments or jot it down in a journal.
1. Waking up to the smell of air fried bacon.
2. Felt Rambo’s presence again. It was like he’d jumped on the bed in the middle of the night.
3. Despite usually being a bit of a Grinch around the holidays, I started watching some cheesy Christmas films and thoroughly enjoying them.
4. Been sick with zombie flu for most of the week but I’m grateful for being able to stay home under a blanket and do nothing.
5. Naps, siestas and snoozes.
6. My fiancé E for looking after me while I’ve been sick.
Looks like my parents might make it over for Christmas after all! edit: they cancelled 🙁 but hopefully they can come in January.
8. Fresh bedsheets!
9. Freshly squeezed orange juice.
10. Lazy Sundays: sunbathing on our roof garden.
11. Pokémon Card Happy Meal for the win! I actually made a video of the unboxing while I was dosed up on medicine. No idea if the footage is any good but if it is I’ll pop it in another post / video.
It seems like November has been a bit of a struggle so far, looking back at Grateful Bytes 04, it looks like I was already getting sick. Thankfully it has cooled down a bit here and I’m able to go about my day without turning into a puddle.
💖 I hope you have a wonderful week!
✨ What are you grateful for this week? ✨
If you want to catch up on last week’s vlog, you can see it below, please susbscribe to Cuteek on YouTube, it really helps me out. 💖