What I Would Have Tweeted is a project archiving all those random thoughts that I would have tweeted. When I quit all other social media I began to lean heavily on Twitter and it’s turned into a bad habit.
For several reasons, like my tendency to hyper-focus on the wrong things (probably ADHD) and the fact that I have a ton of non social media things to do, I thought it was time to quit twitter.
I mean I could just get a notebook and write down these amazing insights and witty thoughts I have throughout the day, but where’s the fun in that? 😆
Let’s see how I get on as the blogger without social media and what if anything changes along the way.
February 21st 2022
I have a newsletter! Never miss another post from Cuteek by subscribing here:
“It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.”
February 19th 2022
- Great day with the pups today!
- “Look for something positive each day, even if some days you have to look a little harder.”
- Watched episode 1 of Kanye West’s documentary Jeen-Yuhs. It’s like watching vintage YouTube before YouTube existed. It’s cool to see the journey of his career in a time before social media. It makes me think about how Gary Vee says “document don’t create.”
February 18th 2022
- So I guess this is working. I don’t miss tweeting at all.
February 17th 2022
- Watched Heaven is For Real (Netflix) based on a true story about a little boy who saw Heaven during emergency surgery. It was a nice film, I watched part of it on my bike.
February 16th 2022
- Overheard in LEGO DC Super Villains “Less money, mo’ problems” 🤣
February 15th 2022
- “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.” – Napoleon Hill
February 14th 2022
- I can’t get moving today. All I want to do is hide under a blanket and play video games. Specifically LEGO games. My body feels so heavy like I’m wading through mud.
- Feeling a bit out of the loop on some stuff but 100% sure that quitting social media was the best idea for me.
- Wearing jeans for the first time in FOREVER, why are they so uncomfortable *cries*
- E took me out for Valentine’s coffee and cake. I had a chocolate brownie, it was delicious. 💖
February 12th 2022
- Watched While You Were Sleeping. How have I never seen this film? It reminded me a lot of The Proposal, I guess it’s the basis for many films that came after it. I enjoyed it and plan to watch some more 90s films that I missed.
February 9th 2022
- My morning walk was much needed. I actually slept well last night for a change. This sandstorm is making me feel awful lately, mainly sinus pain and inflammation.
- Been watching some decluttering videos on YouTube and it inspired me to start on our home office which has been annoying me for so long. I made piles for donation and trash and went through EVERY little thing in our KALLAX unit. It’s still a work in progress and if I didn’t break for lunch I’d still be going.
- I was also inspired to try for inbox zero. So far I’ve unsubscribed to a bunch of newsletters and deleted so many emails. I find this easier to do on my phone.
- From now on as the emails come in I’ll look and see if it’s something I’m still interested in. Unsubscribe if needed and archive if necessary or delete. My phone is hot 😅
February 6th 2022
- LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga looks absolutely incredible! I just watched the trailer, it seems they thought of everything!
February 5th 2022
- “If you are working on something that really excites you, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
- 11pm is a normal time to start decluttering the house, right? 😅
February 4th 2022
- “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.” – Unknown
- 35 minute bike workout while I watched The Wonder Years on Disney+
- We still have a sandstorm, it’s never ending.
- Feeling quite productive as I’ve just sorted through my messy Trello boards. As a result I now have about 50 blog post ideas that were forgotten about. 🙌🏼
February 3rd 2022
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Unknown
- 15 minute bike workout while I watched Tim Ferriss on YouTube.
February 2nd 2022
- Back at my desk, actually sat down to do some deep work. A draft for a future post, almost at 1,000 words.
February 1st 2022
- Woke up feeling weird. Seeing as I’ve been in the house for about a week I decided to have a very short walk. The air quality is so crap right now.
- Rainy night gaming with some cheese and crackers.
- It’s possible that I’m almost out of the habit of tweeting every little thought. For now I’ll keep this going just in case haha.
January 31st 2022
- Rethinking my blog content. I have so many ideas.
- Feeling slightly more human today but can’t get moving. Another day on the sofa.
January 30th 2022
- “If most of us are ashamed of shabby clothes and shoddy furniture, let us be more ashamed of shabby ideas and shoddy philosophies.” — Albert Einstein
- It’s two days since I decided to leave Twitter. My head is FULL of ideas and more importantly, my own thoughts.
- My Twitter archive has been delivered, I’m deactivated and @cuteek is no longer on Twitter.
- How is it almost February?
- A new Geek Life Lately has dropped!
January 29th 2022
- “He who is everywhere is nowhere.” – Seneca
- All the cheese I ate yesterday is coming back to haunt me 🙃
- Taking my Spanish lesson while dosed up on cold medicine hits different
January 28th 2022
- I am so done with Twitter
- Just nearly threw up while doing Day 2 of Yoga With Adriene Move #YWAMove 🤢
- Taking a Twitter break makes so much sense to me right now
- Sick of the endless scroll
- So I just watched Dr Cal Newport’s TED talk ‘Quit Social Media’ this makes me even more certain that’s it’s the right thing for me to do.
- Feels like a mac n cheese day
- I wonder if Cal Newport has a smartphone? You know despite not being on social media.
- I’d love to go back to the days of a simple mobile phone.
January 27th 2022
- Hide your frogs everyone!
- Another day on the sofa, not COVID just regular lurgy.
January 26th 2022
- Woke up feeling like 💩
January 25th 2022
- Day 1/30 of Yoga With Adriene Move (#ywamove) That felt GOOD!
- Day 25/31 #FitnessGaming hatched Audino from a 10km egg in Pokémon Go
- Seeing as I’ve already been awake for 6 hours, done yoga and some work, I’m going to treat myself to a coffee and an hour on the PlayStation.
- Why is it so difficult for to get gold bricks in LEGO DC Super Villains?
January 24th 2022
- My energy levels are so low at the moment. This calls for a huge bowl of cereal.
- Day 0 of Yoga with Adriene Move done at my desk. It’s a start.
- Kebab time and Reggaeton. Name a better combo.
- “Time goes on. So whatever you’re going to do, do it. Do it now. Don’t wait.” — Robert De Niro
- Hoodie + coffee mode: ON
- Geek Life Lately issue 31 has dropped!
January 23rd 2022
- It’s Banjo Kazooie time!
- Gave myself curtain bangs following this tutorial. Quite pleased with how they turned out hahah.
January 22nd 2022
- Just finished watching AfterLife Season 3 😭
- I’m on a 450 day streak with Duolingo.
January 21st 2022
- How many hours do we think it will take me to complete Banjo Kazooie? 😅🎮🤡
- EXCITING NEWS NERDS! 🤡 Streaming will be back next week!!! 🎮👀 and….. I will even have a ScHeDuLe!!! Will confirm times next week.
- Why do tourists think they’re all exempt from wearing masks outside? 🤷🏼♀️ about 100 have walked past our car and only 10 have been wearing masks
January 20th 2022
- I dreamt about creating my own NFTs. Thanks Twitter you have a lot to answer for! 🤣
- Who needs NFT profile pics when you have Bitmoji?
- Fraggle Rock is back!! 😍
- Hit a fly so hard my Apple Watch nearly called SOS 🆘😅
- My DualShock has broken so I can only play certain games. Saving for a new one 😅🎮
January 19th 2022
- Would you clone your pet? For me there will only ever be one Rambo. Maybe they can make a twin looking copy but it would have a different essence and soul.
- People who WFH How do you fit in all of your daily work + family time + cleaning the house/making food + looking after pets/kids + video games? Asking for a friend. 😜
January 18th 2022
- Day 18/31: Back to the bike! 🚲 Starting off slow and building a habit
- “I am one with the sweatpants. The sweatpants are with me.” 😅
- Trying to earn that last euro to reach Adsense payment threshold
- Our island is moving up to alert level 4. 🙃
January 17th 2022
- Stormy day and raining now and all I want to do is play on the PlayStation 🤣
- If people aren’t making fun of me I’d assume I’m doing something wrong 😆
- Sportswear shops on this island only carry Adidas clothes up to size 10/12. How am I supposed to workout if I don’t fit in the workout clothes? Aka I just got a pair of ‘relax’ fit Adidas joggers stuck on my thighs
January 16th 2022
- Good morning! Excited coz we’re having egg and bacon for breakfast 🥓
- Thankful for my FFP2s this is full of hazardous levels of Pm10 and Pm2.5
- I don’t like sand.
- I’ve been playing LEGO DC Super Villains for 4:24 hours total and I’m only 2.9% into the game. I think I got sidetracked 🤣
- Greetings from Tatooine! Geek Life Lately 30 just dropped.
January 15th 2022
- LEGO DC Super Villains is fun! Amusement Mile is my favourite place so far 🎡🤡
January 14th 2022
- Sandstorm incoming
- Play Duolingo instead of Wordle. Thank me later
- Facebook Business is testing me today 😬
- *refreshes adsense*
- please pray for my 17 year old fridge it sounds like it’s about to take off 🛩️
- glad we have to wear masks outside tbh! 😷 Just got a lung full of Sahara desert.
- going to get the DualSense and pretend I have the PS5 console 😅
- forever saying the wrong thing 😞
- Air quality is hazardous, I’ll be wearing an FFP2 mask outside tomorrow 😷
January 13th 2022
- Officially back at my desk. My parents have flown home and I have a ton of work to catch up on. At least I have coffee & snacks 😅
- Geek Life Lately issue 29 is here….
- Another sandstorm on the way, great! 🙃
- Started going through the older posts in my ‘Geek Life Lately’ blog series in WordPress, tweaking here and there. Then I remembered, the whole point was to have fun with these blog posts and not think about SEO.
- Blogging as a digital marketer has ruined blogging for me as a hobby 😅 I can’t help with the code tinkering and technical optimization *reminds self to write for the humans*
January 12th 2022
- The soundtrack for Mixed-ish is 🔥
- Wearing my Christmas sweater because it’s so cozy
- Mum and Dad have called for tech support and I haven’t had my coffee yet 😜
January 11th 2022
- I hope they make an Emily in Spain
- Looking forward to playing fetch with Chester at the weekend 🏀
January 10th 2022
- Snowing on Tenerife right now. Hopefully some nice pics of Teide volcano later 🌋 covered in snow ⛄️
- That Dexter Finale 👀
January 9th 2022
- I honestly can’t remember the last time I had a solid poop 😅
- Christmas decorations are officially down.
- Highest bidder for a dry foot with half painted nails 😂
- 2 hours of passenger locator forms + ADHD = zero executive brain function left
- A new Geek Life Lately post will drop tomorrow
January 8th 2022
- Saturday morning and I’ve already taken two naps
- A new blog post will be out tomorrow
- Hatched a Mienfoo from a 10km eggy. Enjoying walking more lately
- It’s early 2022 and I’m ready for a new Bugsnax update!
- Music is the Answer
- One episode left of El Gran Robo Argentino on Duolingo. I don’t want it to end!
- Just started listening to Los Ultimos Dias De Maradona podcast on Spotify
January 7th 2022
- Seeing people you look up to online (YouTubers and biz leaders) post pics / videos of themselves out in public gatherings / sport events without masks right now = lose all respect
- Programmed the washing machine to go off at a certain time and miscalculated by 2 hours so now it’s 7am and all I can hear is the machine about to take off on my roof.
- I’m too cool for TikTok
- me: trowels 3 layers of makeup on family: OH you’re looking better!!!
- The neighbour’s cat is having fun chasing the whole family
- My internet and house power is off because my Dad is tinkering with the electric. Hopefully won’t be long and we will have power on our roof garden
January 6th 2022
- Happy 3 Kings Day! Feliz día de Reyes
- New armpit please
- Had a nice 3 Kings walk and some star gazing with the fam. Happy Holidays!
- Want to go to the salon and have nice hair but also the plague is rife here atm. The thought of a hairdryer spreading all that about is just 🤢
January 5th 2022
- 3rd vaccine update: I’m feeling sick. The pain in my vaccine arm and my armpit lymph node is like a golf ball. Still a little fuzzy but hoping a good sleep will sort me out.
- Happy 12th Day of Christmas. The Kings are on the way. Presents tomorrow!
- Tfw when you have over a month of emails to check 🙃
- Introducing my parents to the original Dexter series. My Dad just referred to the Ice Truck Killer as the Man with the Refrigerated Van. 😂
- Go go gadget Lymph Nodes. My armpit and boob are so painful right now. I’ve had to sleep with a pair of socks balled up in my armpit to try and ease the pressure. So weird and painful. Slept like crap.
January 4th 2022
- Happy 11th day of Christmas
- Went to the vaccine center to ask for 3rd shot appointment and they were like “you can have it now”. So yeah I’m triple vaxxed.
- Update: almost 5 hours later and I am SO TIRED with a fuzzy head.
- Now reading: Twelve and a Half by Gary Vaynerchuk
- I’m guessing Kurt Caldwell is a fan of Return to Oz (Dexter New Blood)
- A reminder that “#BlueMonday” which is supposedly Monday 17th January was made up by a holiday company to sell holidays and is a load of crap. (I’ve worked in travel for 20 years)
- Rewatching Dexter New Blood episode 9, so many Easter eggs!
January 3rd 2022
- Happy 10th Day of Christmas
- me: *sniffs* gets the Vivaporu out
- Listening to Ibiza Classics for a bit of Monday motivation
- My 3 Kings present has arrived early
January 2nd 2022
- 2022 is going to be WILD!
- This sandstorm is no joke
- Happy 9th Day of Christmas
- On the 9th day of Christmas my over worked fridge gave to meeeee. 9 unidentifiable pieces of cheese. 🧀
- FYI it’s still Christmas
- Feeling like Jabba the Hutt after all the rich food this holiday season.
- Hello 2022! Geek Life Lately is back
- Day 2/31 #RingFitAdventureClub. Leap-of-Faith Falls was no joke. I was almost on the floor doing trampoline squats
January 1st 2022
- Good old New Years Day diarrhea.
- Day 1/31 Ring Fit Adventure Club challenge! Easing into the new year slowly with the warm up and the cool down
- The Fitness Gaming challenge runs alongside Ring Fit Adventure Club. If you have other fitness games please feel free to join in! (Just Dance, Pokémon GO, Pikmin Bloom, Boxing, Apple Fitness…..)
- First coffee of 2022
- Day 429 of my Duolingo streak!
- Weekly blogs return tomorrow! This is very welcome after 7 months of daily blogging
Thanks for reading