If you are looking for an excuse to do some reading, here’s a great excuse. Today is Read an eBook Day! It’s celebrated every September 18th and encourages reading a digital version of a book. Kindle devices and tablets have had another boost of popularity recently and it’s no surprise. Having access to books within a few taps is incredible when you think about it.
It’s a minimal way to enjoy books and you can even get free ebooks! Check with your local library, there are apps you can use such as Libby by Overdrive which you use with your library card. There you can check out books and even go on waiting lists for the popular books.
Amazon has a bunch of free books so it’s always worth checking out new and indie authors or special offers.
I’m on a huge eBook wave at the moment. A combination of quitting social media and a few other things has really got me over my reading slump. I use the Kindle app on my iPad and have probably read more in the last month than the last year!
What are you reading right now?
On This Day 2021
- Happy Batman Day! Apparently the date changes every year…
- My most viewed YouTube video EVER (so far) with 3.3k views 😅 he would be so pleased 👀 https://youtu.be/Qp5_-TKyLXU?si=6KCNXyS25Wamc6yn
On This Day 2020
- Lockdown is when you aren’t allowed to leave the house, even for exercise. 🙄
- I’m dreaming of a Zoom Christmas…
- now playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney on Nintendo Switch
- now watching Con Air… what a film!
On This Day 2017
- Seasonal posts have expiry dates. No one will want to read your Halloween posts after 31st, they will be in Christmas mode.
- I’ve been playing Layton’s Mystery Journey on iOS. It’s excellent!
- Time for Señor Rambo to go to the groomers 😍
- Having a yawning contest with my dog
On This Day 2016
- Lovely day at the fiesta, followed by dinner and yummy chocolate fudge cake!!
- Haven’t watched Hollyoaks in a long time. Jesus Cristo what the hell everyone is ill, with problems, had work done and where are all the scousers? 😅
- This month’s Happy Meal toys are Pokémon figures. My body is ready! 😋🍟🍔
- I climbed 25 flights of stairs and earned the Redwood Forest badge on FitBit!
- Trying a few new apps out at the moment – reviews coming soon. 🤓📱
On This Day 2015
- Mum treated me to my first ever Shellac nails. I got lilac with sparkles, so cute! They are supposed to last a few weeks.
- Just a normal afternoon being attacked by ducks 🤣
On This Day 2014
- Back to school for me – I started Spanish classes this morning, haven’t had lessons since 1998!
On This Day 2013
- A nice but icey day in Southport fish n chips, green tea and a seaside stroll busy busy week
On This Day 2009
- been out dancing in the rain! bit soaked now lol……winters coming!!!! 😀
Thanks for reading,