Happy December! This November roundup is way overdue but whatevs, it’s a busy time of year. At the time of writing this intro, it’s Sunday December 11th and we’ve just put our Christmas tree up. That might be late compared with a lot of people but we celebrate right up until January 6th here so it feels right to us. It’s been a productive day so far, I’ve even cleaned down all our roof furniture and set it out in the sun to dry. Let’s get on with issue 40 of Geek Life Lately shall we?
November went by super fast partly because for the last two weeks of it I had the zombie flu! At the beginning of the month I celebrated my birthday, with plenty of tasty food, cake and an amazing present from E, a PlayStation 5!!
In November I managed to write 4 blog posts and continued my new Grateful Bytes series that I launched in October.
Over on Cuteek YouTube Channel I created a whopping 22 videos, most of these are YouTube Shorts. I also started making vlogs and hope to continue this in 2023, video content is my jam right now, including streaming.
🍰 Here’s my Birthday Vlog! Everyone really enjoyed the carrot cake content lol
🤣 The video of me dancing with my PlayStation 5 was my most popular of the month:
Of course I began the month by tidying up my PlayStation 4 and setting up my PS5! There’s tons of games to play and I’m so excited to be able to play the new Horizon game some more. This is an amazing upgrade and it’s going to be so cool streaming new games (even though I am Fall Guys trash and keep going back to it hahah)
- Here’s what I played in November:
- Horizon Forbidden West (PlayStation 5) This is a stunning game and I’m excited to explore more!
- Astro’s Playroom (PlayStation 5) This game was a nice little surprise and the first thing I played on my new PS5. It shows off the new DualSense controller perfectly.
- Fall Guys (PlayStation 5)
- Goosebumps (PlayStation 5)
- ACPC (iOS)
- Battlefront 2015 (PlayStation 5)
Duolingo Spanish – I completed the November challenge faster than 96.7% of all learners on Duolingo and my daily streak is going strong! There are some other courses I want to take and finish which I need to make some time for including updating my Digital Marketing certificates and another course about Geology that I want to do for fun.
At the end of the month I started watching Christmas films and even though I’m a self-proclaimed Grinch, they definitely did the trick!
- Gabriel Iglesias Stadium Fluffy (Netflix) so funny! E and I enjoy the relatable Latino references and loved hearing about Fluffy’s Chihuahuas.
- Blockbuster (Netflix) Watched episode 1 because Randall Park, it was ok but I don’t think I’ll watch the whole season.
- The Midnight Club (Netflix) can’t believe it ended like that. There better be a season 2! I am VERY invested in this show.
- Andor (Disney+) As I mentioned in previous blogs, this is a slow burn but very interesting part of the Star Wars universe.
- The DAmelio Show (Disney+) watched episode 1 but not sure I’ll watch the rest. I’m sure those familiar with this TikTok family will enjoy it though. It was sad to see how much hate these sister’s have received due to their online fame.
- Falling For Christmas (Netflix) The first Christmas film of the season and featuring Lindsay Lohan. Some Mean Girls references, overall very cheesy but good to get into the holiday spirit.
- Down To Earth with Zac Efron The “Puerto Rico” episode was eye opening. I hope we see more of these types of shows in the future where famous people use their platforms to highlight certain issues in the world that are reported on incorrectly in the media or brushed over.
- Too Close For Christmas (Netflix) Mega cheesy and I’m sure the same actors are in a Netflix film almost identical to this.
- 12 Gifts of Christmas (Netflix) A personal shopper, a marketing exec and a meet cute at a bakery, let the cheesiness begin.
- Manifest (Netflix) I binged watched and caught up with this and couldn’t stop. It was absorbing and took some strange turns but I was there for it.
- Limitless with Chris Hemsworth (Disney+) Don’t miss this! Chris tests his limits on the quest for longevity with adventures in each episode. Hemsworth fans will love this, plus there’s also some sciencey stuff to back up each test he puts his body through. (I’ve been doing the 30 second cold shower)
- Christmas with You (Netflix) Very unrealistic popstar meets a fan and stays at their house film hahah but also made me realise that Freddie Prinze Junior is Latino? Who knew, not me. Anyway it was great to see him in this type of role and I hope he does more.
- The Office US version (Netflix) first time watching this, not sure really. I’ve seen the original with Ricky Gervais and enjoyed a few episodes of that but I don’t think I’ll be committing to 9 seasons of this.
- Journey Back to Christmas (prime) I think this was my favourite Christmas film so far. It’s set in the 1940s but also has time travel elements and it was just a very sweet story.
- UFYH by Rachel Hoffman which also has an awesome website that helps when you feel a bit overwhelmed with chores
- Decluttering at the Speed of Light by Dana K White
I’m sure there’s a lot more to add to this but you know what I’m going to hit publish before we get to the end of another month lol.
Thanks for reading,