Today is National Gardening Exercise Day! 🌸 Did you know there was such a thing? It is celebrated every June 6th and while I’m not very good at keeping plants alive I did want to include it here for the exercise aspect. It’s very likely the most gardening I will do today is on my Animal Crossing island 😆
I personally don’t have any plants but we do have a roof garden which gets covered in dust and sand from the Sahara, so I’ll probably wash down the furniture and give the fence a good clean. There’s a botanical garden I want to visit soon, so that’s on my Summer bucketlist.
Gardening is a fantastic way to get moving though, so here are some ideas on how to celebrate the day:
- Get rid of the weeds in your garden as you listen to your favourite playlist.
- Visit a botanical garden and take some photos of your favourite plants and flowers.
- Plant some new flowers ready for the season.
- Deadhead existing flowers to encourage new blooms.
- Not good with flowers? Try planting some cacti or mini succulents.
- No garden? Help a neighbour or friend with theirs.
- Balcony people I have you covered: Declutter and deep clean your balcony.
- Roof garden? Wash down outdoor furniture, rake leaves, disinfect outdoor toys/equipment.
- Head to the park for a walk and take a picnic or snacks.
- Take your fitness equipment outside for some meditation or yoga.
Have fun! How will you be celebrating National Gardening Exercise Day this year?