Hey! So basically I’ve spent the week on the sofa with the lurgy. Don’t worry it wasn’t THAT lurgy but a struggle all the same.
In other news…
I quit twitter, for real this time. Twitter was my last remaining social media account for Cuteek and I noticed I’ve been leaning HEAVILY on it seeing as I don’t have any other socials. There are some good points to it, but the toxic gaming bros and weird subtweets kind of put the final nail in the coffin.
Maybe it was because I’ve had a week on the sofa to notice but I didn’t like how addicted I’d become so this afternoon as soon as I received my archive, I deactivated.
(If I delete it someone could potentially take my username, so deactivating is the next best thing) You can now find my tweet like thoughts on my new project What I Would Have Tweeted.
It’s actually nice to have my own thoughts again instead of having it flooded with information and tweets. When you use social media for work like I do as a digital marketer, using it for personal branding or in my case my blog on top of daily work, it can be a bit much. Information overload. I’m also going to prove to myself and anyone interested that you can be a relevant blogger without social media.
Last Week’s Goals
In last week’s Geek Life Lately I set myself a few goals for this week so let’s see how I got on:
- Move! Get out for a walk, do some yoga anything to get rid of this sluggish feeling.
- Read up to 50% of Twelve and a Half by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Declutter some clothes and take donations to charity shop
- Buy some coconut oil and try to regrow my eyebrows
- HAHAHAHAHA! So it turns out that low energy and sluggish feeling was incoming seasonal lurgy. I tested regularly through the week and all my COVID tests were negative. Either way I’ve stayed home as much as possible and had my mask on. I did manage 2 days of Yoga With Adriene’s Move program though, even though Day 2 I almost threw up on my yoga mat. The rest of the week I’ve been resting and now we have a sandstorm (again) so I’m coughing now too.
- We took Chester and Cooper out for a short walk yesterday and Chester made a little friend, Cooper wasn’t happy. 😂
- Sofa surfing I found a 90 minute movie section on Netflix which being sick was the perfect length of time before I nodded off. Wish Upon is about a creepy wishing box that grants seven wishes to the owner. It reminded me of Final Destination and Joey King was giving off some Gollum vibes at one point. She’s such a good actress. Give it a watch if you want something a bit different.
- He’s All That (Netflix) is a modern version of She’s All That and I watched them both this week. Both worth a watch for some cheesy screen time and 90s vibes.
- I finally got round to watching episode 1 of Stay Close (Netflix) It’s another one of Harlem Coben’s book adaptations so I’ll give it a go.
- We watched episode 4 of El Robo del Siglo (Netflix) this episode was very intense. I’ll be sad to see the end of this.
- So after watching Blue Lagoon: The Awakening, I decided to give The Blue Lagoon 1980 movie (Netflix) a try. It’s basically like Adam and Eve figuring everything out for the first time. The ending made me sad, I think I need to watch the next one although my favourite so far is the modern version.
- Same Brain by iJustine and Jenna Ezarik (podcast / YouTube) is back for 2022 and it was a great episode. Poor Jenna is recovering from COVID but they have some really good stories and cover all things tech, gaming and funny chats. I’ve dropped the video below or you can listen wherever you get your podcasts.
- Gary Vaynerchuk didn’t get much attention this week as my digital copy of Twelve and a Half returned itself to the Libby library and by the time I could renew it, I wasn’t in the mood for reading. E bought a physical copy of Romuald Fons new book yesterday though, so I’m looking forward to reading that.
- E bought us a new PlayStation controller yesterday so I’ve spent most of today playing LEGO DC Super Villains. I may do a review on the controller once we’ve both had a few hours on it. It’s a third party one and was much cheaper than a DualShock which we can’t get hold of anywhere anyway. There seems to be a shortage.
- Duolingo is the only studying I’ve managed this week.
- I’m listening to one of E’s Spotify playlists, mostly 90s dance and house.
- Barely done anything around the house this week but I have been enjoying lighting candles and being cosy.
- I pulled a denim shirt and a lime green sweater out of the wardrobe to donate but they didn’t make it to the donation pile yet.
- I did the first round of John Frieda Sheer Blonde spray in the underneath lengths of my hair and a few highlights around my face. There’s a subtle difference but it’s definitely lifted my natural colour a bit.
- Still working on my acne ugh. It seems to have moved from one side of my forehead to the other now and the scarring is pink.
- I haven’t had chance to pick up some coconut oil yet, so my eyebrows are still missing. I totally blame the stress of the pandemic for my hair loss. Hopefully I can get them to grow back again.
Goals for Next Week
Dare I set goals for the next week? 😂 February is coming and a fresh month is just what I need.
- Do some yoga
- Read a chapter of a book
- Take donations to charity shop
- Feel better
- Work on my travel blog drafts/edits
- Stream some Banjo Kazooie or LEGO DC Super Villains
- Buy some coconut oil
That’s all for this week. Let me know in the comments something good or positive that’s happened to you this week.
Thanks for reading,