Gratitude and self-care is where its at. While my energy hasn’t really allowed anything too energetic than daily power walks I still watch content from my fave online fitness instructor Gina B at UpToTheBeatFit. She was recently talking about gratitude journaling and why it’s important.
I remembered that I had started this series on the blog and ditched it when social media came back into my life. Figures right? Well since I have now quit all my social media (again), I can concentrate on making content here and appreciating the little things each week. The plan is to write them in my phone notes app during the week and share them here on the blog on a Sunday.
A little update, this week I’ve been sick with kidney stones, or at least we think it’s kidney stones. I’m just hoping it’s not a nephroptosis relapse. I have some drs appointments coming up and hopefully we can get to the bottom of why I’ve been feeling so sick the last few months.
GRATEFUL BYTES 07
Welcome back to Grateful Bytes. 👾 This is a byte sized post of things I’m grateful for throughout the week in a bid to be more mindful. I hope it inspires you to think about your own highlights of the week, whether you share it in the comments or jot it down in a journal.
1. Free healthcare is so underrated. I was on private medical insurance for years because of my kidney probs, terminated the contract in January and since then I’ve had some missing paperwork pending to get back into the system. Long story but the relief I felt last week once I was given my healthcard is incredible.
2. My Husband looking after me and letting me squeeze his hand during random episodes of renal colic.
3. Air conditioning – giving my body a break from sweating which is all I seem to do lately. Sitting in my Batcave with the portable AC on, Spotify and sofa time is the one.
4. Binge worthy series on Netflix to take my mind off things – Survival of the Thickest season 1 was so fun to watch.
5. Quitting social media (again) it was still giving me the ick when I was using it. I honestly think it should come with a huge addiction warning. Now I’ve deactivated and deleted my socials I feel free and some kind of clarity.
6. Being able to phone my parents any time of the day and check in with them despite being so far away.
7. Getting back into some kind of blogging flow. I’ve missed this.
8. The fan we use at night to sleep. The temperature doesn’t seem to go below 28ºC at night lately and it’s been difficult to sleep.
9. Cloudy days even if it’s still hot. It’s a nice reminder that the weather will start to cool down soon after a very hot few months.
10. Lazy Sunday brunch.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
✨ What are you grateful for this week? ✨
Thanks for reading,