I had all intentions of writing this Geek Life Lately yesterday but instead I watched Netflix and played video games. Sorry not sorry. Right now I’m curled up on the sofa or the soffice as I like to call it.
I’m feeling a bit drained and so when I woke up this morning I listened to my body, stayed in bed and started rewatching The O.C from the beginning. I didn’t finish the first episode when I realised, is this really what my body wants? To stay in bed watching cheesy tv series from the 2000s?
I then progressed onto making a HUGE bowl of cereal which I took to my desk. Nourished but still feeling deflated I was reminded about Yoga with Adriene’s 30 Day Move challenge. The first video was explaining how it works and some breathing which I did at my desk. I see it as a first step and have since brushed and mopped the floors so I can set my yoga mat down on a clean floor tomorrow. Half of the battle is showing up and I really like to use excuses like the floor needs mopping as a reason not to do yoga.
Anyway that’s where I’m at right now, I’ve had some stomach issues this week which has prompted me to look at what I’m eating and what is triggering some problems. I do tend to suffer a bit with my kidneys when we have sandstorms so it’s probably also a bit of that.
There was a moment of total bliss on Saturday where we went up on our roof garden and sat on our new furniture in the late afternoon sunshine. It was so nice and peaceful.
Last Week’s Goals
In last week’s Geek Life Lately I set myself a few goals for this week so let’s see how I got on:
- fitness gaming routine
- clean our home office, specifically our desks and work spaces
- read a chapter of a book each night
- wash the sofa covers (it’s meant to rain, might not be able to do this)
- continue with my skin care routine to get rid of my acne
- dye my hair
- clean the spare bedroom and set up gym stuff
- eat broccoli
- I made it to my bike twice last week and there’s a definite improvement on closing my apple watch rings compared with other weeks. Going forward I really do need to push myself a bit more. I remember in the summer I was getting up and going on 4km walks before breakfast like an absolute champ.
- I didn’t eat the broccoli, it’s still in the fridge.
- I finished watching Mixed-ish (Disney+) and I was kind of sad because it seems like it was cancelled and there was so much more of Rainbow’s story to tell. The last episode was a bit odd and didn’t seem to end properly.
- AfterLife (Netflix) season 3 is the reason I was a blubbering mess. It was funny and sad and just left me very emotional.
- E found a funny clip of comedian Gabriel Iglesias on YouTube so then we ended up watching I’m Sorry For What I Said When I Was Hungry (Netflix)
- We also watched episode 3 of El Robo del Siglo (Netflix) which is so good!
- Last but not least yesterday I watched Blue Lagoon: The Awakening (Netflix). I vaguely remember the original film The Blue Lagoon 1980 (Netflix) and seeing as I enjoy films about islands, I thought I’d give the 2012 version a shot. It was cheesy but perfect for a Sunday afternoon.
- The O.C – I’m not sure why I’m re-watching this. 😆
- I finished reading my first book of 2022! I feel like I should get some kind of award haha. While I haven’t managed to read 1 chapter a day, I did read while we enjoyed our time in the garden on Saturday. I managed to finish The Year of Less by Cait Flanders. While it’s not exactly a guide on minimalism like Marie Kondo’s books it’s more of a diary style memoir which I enjoyed very much. By the end of it I was already thinking about having another look through our belongings.
- Last night I started playing Banjo Kazooie on Nintendo Switch as part of the expansion pack subscription. E has the original game for the N64 and says he loved it more than Mario so I had high hopes. What can I say? I absolutely adore it and loved learning about the characters. The fact that there’s a green faced witch that lives on a mountain is just everything. There should be an evil witch in all video games. I planned on test streaming this but in the end I just wanted it for me. Aside from a few problems with the camera angles it’s perfect. I basically just went through the tutorial part with the mole and learned all the moves before climbing up Spiral Mountain.
- Last week I hit my 450 day learning streak on Duolingo. It’s definitely my ride or die of apps. I’ve recently started going for Legendary Level and studying earlier in the day to have longer lessons rather than a late night dash to get my streak.
- I’ve been listening to a lot of 2010 RnB tracks lately. That and the usual work playlists.
- I started the week off well and cleaned E’s desk but have yet to do mine.
- We had a sandstorm, then a thunderstorm and another sandstorm. In the middle of this I hosed the garden furniture down and we have more rain on the way LOL.
- I didn’t get round to washing the sofa covers.
- The spare room is looking better, clean and now I have space for my bike. There are some bags and things to take to the charity shop but that will be gone soon.
- The DIY highlights will have to wait but I did cut in some cute curtain bangs by following a YouTube tutorial.
- My acne is still a work in progress but we are getting there slowly.
Goals for Next Week
- Move! Get out for a walk, do some yoga anything to get rid of this sluggish feeling.
- Read up to 50% of Twelve and a Half by Gary Vaynerchuk
- Declutter some clothes and take donations to charity shop
- Buy some coconut oil and try to regrow my eyebrows
That’s all for this week. Let me know in the comments something good or positive that’s happened to you this week.