Although I’m writing my Blogging Goals for 2015 in February, I don’t think it’s ever too late to make some New Years resolutions.
Making small personal goals throughout the year is my preference, but I do have a couple of business goals I would like to achieve in 2015.
Blogging Goals for 2015
- Have professional business cards made √
- Take an online course and learn to code
- Improve my Spanish using Duolingo and local classes
- Unfollow or unfriend toxic Facebook friends √
- Invest in a filing cabinet and organize my home office paperwork √
- Spend 6 weeks working on my Facebook page, scheduling posts & sharing great content
- Keep up with the daily lists and be productive
- Write some evergreen content
- Take advantage of the great FREE online courses to help grow my blog
- Make some Youtube videos
- Keep up the weekly update in ‘My Instaweek’
Photography prompts such as those from the Little Moments App, aka #fmsphotoaday on instagram have really helped me find something to blog about when my brain draws a blank. I’m using them to blog weekly about my life in the My Instaweek category, where I show a little bit of my cute geek life in photos. You can also find me on instagram here: instagram.com/cuteek
Pen and Paper
Sometimes the best ideas come from scribbled notes. Brainstorming on a piece of paper has always been one of my best idea makers, even back to when I was in college. It’s also great if you feel like you are being sidetracked from the task at hand by being online. The temptation of cute pet videos on youtube, when you should be thinking about SEO and how to grow your online presence are NOT helpful.
If there is just nothing in my brain for that day, I’m sad or there are family problems, (which we’ve had over Christmas and New Year so far) and I know that I am just going to be staring at the computer, I SWITCH IT OFF! Like really. I find powering down my electronics, spending time doing something non internet related is quite inspiring. Chances are if you are doing something else, like going for a walk or shopping your brain fog will clear and despite upset and problems, you should be able to carry on the next day with fresh eyes and thoughts.
I think that’s enough goals for now, what are your blogging goals for this month or year?