As I do every year I have stretched my birthday celebrations out as much as possible because why not. I celebrated another trip around the sun. Think about that for one second… a trip around the sun! That’s kind of mind blowing and adventurous right?
My husband found out about this epic Halloween party in a gothic style hotel and completely surprised me. We’re talking bucket list Halloween party. Ever since I saw the big party in Hocus Pocus I always wanted to go to one. We dressed as casual vampire witches lol and were chased by someone possessed with a wet toilet brush lol. You can see that in the vlog at the end of the post. 😂
Also in birthday week we went for cake and coffee in a cozy park we found which had a corner full of crunchy autumn leaves. Quite rare for where we live and so cute to take a romantic walk under the trees.
On my actual birthday we went to pick out presents and for a tasty lunch at Fosters Hollywood. The nachos went down so well. We were so full that we took a rain check on cake that day but I found a new place that does pancake stacks that I think will be fun to go to next week. Why not keep the celebrations going lol?
Some of my gifts include Hogwarts Legacy for PS5, a Harry Potter calendar and a pink Tanooki gaming headset.
GRATEFUL BYTES 08
Welcome back to Grateful Bytes. 👾 This is a byte sized post (this one is a bit longer lol because birthday stuff) of things I’m grateful for throughout the week in a bid to be more mindful. I hope it inspires you to think about your own highlights of the week (mine is a bit longer than a week oops), whether you share it in the comments or jot it down in a journal.
- Couldn’t ask for a more supportive husband, he just gets me. I am very lucky.
- Cooler temperatures at night. Being able to snug under a blanket is the best.
- Cute coffee and cookie dates.
- We went to an epic Halloween party, bucket list style!
- Working outside on our roof garden now the temperatures have cooled and it’s perfect.
- Some close family are coming to visit soon and I’m very excited to see them.
- Absolute quality time, fully immersed in the moment.
- The clarity of being away from social media. (Let this be a reminder why)
- Going for drives with the windows down, ocean breeze and good music
- That satisfaction of crossing off a task on a to do list
- Rediscovered the FlyLady cleaning method and it’s making life a lot easier. I’ve also found some more great minimalism YouTube channels who are inspiring me.
- A nice family fiesta in the village square a few weeks back. It was lovely to dress up and celebrate with everyone.
- Chill time playing video games
- The smell of rain on a hygge afternoon
- Siesta time and sleepovers with the pups
I hope you have a wonderful week!
✨ What are you grateful for this week? ✨
Thanks to all of you that sent me birthday wishes! 🌸 Appreciate you all!
Below is the vlog version of issue 08 of grateful bytes, please susbscribe to Cuteek on YouTube, it really helps me out. 💖