An Early Night.
There’s a nice breeze coming in through the mosquito mesh and I’m enjoying an early night. Today I did my Ring Fit Adventure workout, enjoyed a coffee date and walk with E in the afternoon. I even managed to get some of those annoying chores around the house done.
Apparently it’s going to reach 40ºC degrees this week, we also have a forest fire alert. Hopefully it doesn’t get too hot. I’ll probably not be able to workout if it does, instead I’ll be drinking a ton of water (Firgas volcano water is my go to instead of fizzy pop) and Aquarius which is an isotonic drink with electrolytes, great for days when sweating profusely.
I was going to do a bit more work on the laptop but I think I’ll fully enjoy this early night, do my Duolingo lesson, play some Animal Crossing Pocket Camp and read a book.
Are you an early bird or a night owl? 🦉
On This Day 2020
- Big change up coming to my blog from today. Hope the ideas I have in mind work, we’ll see. It’s the distraction that I need right now. I’m missing my dog so much and it’s hard to be normal on socials without depressing everyone else.
- We are in phase 3 of the de-escalation lockdown plan here on the islands. Discos and clubs can open now but no dancing. (Future me from 2021 here, it’s a year later and we still aren’t allowed to dance 😅) They also announced that face masks are obligatory even after the state of alarm and not wearing one could result in a 100€ fine. (2021 me here again, a year later we are still wearing masks)
- So excited! I just ordered the Sugar Skull Star Wars mask from The Colorful Geek.
- I joined TikTok.
- I quit instagram. (it took me a year to properly quit) I made a Geeky Gallery here on my blog.
On This Day 2018
- Because I live on an island, people assume I’m always in holiday mode or that I go to the beach everyday.
- Nice phone call with my Dad.
- Social media is so distracting.
- I haven’t published a blog post since February, where do I even start? There are a few posts lingering in drafts but… Would you like to read a post about what I’ve been up to lately or. A post about my latest fave things? Feeling a bit lost to be honest.
- Having a case of the overwhelms at the moment but also have lots of stories to share. I’ve opened up a new post tab, so I’ll see where that leads.
- I started drinking coffee again after a 3 year break and let me tell you, that coffee buzz was amazing! 🤪
- * mutes the hashtag #LoveIsland *
On This Day 2017
What if the story of Pretty Little Liars is just a dream and the girls are all in Radley? What we see is what they think their lives are…
On This Day 2016
- I’m hooked on The 100 and now I keep having space dreams.
- I wonder if there is a Playstation trophy for opening every drawer in Gone Home? 😅
- Oh wow Day Of The Tentacle Remastered looks awesome! (Reader, it is awesome)
On This Day 2015
- Travel – I’m in Todmorden Yorkshire!
- 11:51pm and there’s a Black Widow spider in my en-suite! We can’t catch it!!
- It is now my pet.
- Enjoying the countryside.
- Having an Internet detox – it’s refreshing! No WiFi!
On This Day 2014
- Mmm time for a lolly ice!
- Head-butted an open kitchen cabinet while attempting to wash a plate. I think it’s safer to have an untidy house. I now have a headache from my forehead to my teeth on one side.
- I joined the Yankee Candle club and picked up some wax melts in England. Amazing smells!
- Feeling like a Ghostbuster with my new Dyson up top vacuum haha.
- My sister-in-law is the best, she brought me this awesome Nintendo World New York mug back from the USA.
On This Day 2012
Had to schedule putting the sofa covers in the washing machine around E’s football match preferences – apparently from tomorrow the sofa is his for a while.
On This Day 2011
- Had an interesting day in Preston. The bus journey took us to the back and beyond hehe. Found a Primark and had a yummy chocolate milkshake in Scoopi.
- Went to see Pirates of the Caribbean yesterday in 3D iMax and it was AMAZING!! Totally recommend it! Johnny Depp does it again!
*Contains affiliate links because this girl needs coffee. Anytime you make a purchase through my affiliate links I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 💖