- Fit By 40: Day 6/14 Ring Fit Adventure Challenge
- One of my favourite excuses for not working out is that my mat needs cleaning or the floor needs mopping. So I cleaned them both and now I have no excuses, right? 😜
- Although it’s Sunday I’ve had quite a bit of work to do so I’ve made sure to get up and move every hour and made a date with myself to workout at 8pm.
- I skipped the challenge yesterday because we were looking after our family dogs, Chester and Cooper and they wore me out haha.
More like highway to hell! 😆 The levels are definitely getting more challenging in Adventure Mode, more monsters, and even a sneaky red yoga mat monster who heals others. It was a good job I made some spinach smoothies before this level!
I was brave and added plank to my list of Fit Skills, it took me a while to figure out what to do as you obviously can’t look at the screen as you do them haha. I think I’ll feel it tomorrow because I think this is the first time EVER doing planks in my life.
Despite me trying to get in shape since about May, today was a big turning point for me. I don’t know whether it was something to do with the full moon or a combination of that and motivation from Gem and Mel, who are also taking part in the challenge. Either way I’m grateful and I feel like this was a proper workout.
So I guess I’m going to be adding some Geek Fit to these daily blog posts because this is a part of me now. I hope you enjoy them and I’ll be adding some more fitness games into the mix after this challenge, Just Dance and so on. I’m considering making some more Fitness Gaming YouTube videos with me in them, what would you think about that? Documenting the journey so to speak?
I’ll still be adding my On This Day memories below, as I enjoy seeing what I was doing previous years. Hope you all had a lovely weekend and don’t forget, tomorrow is a new day. 💖
On This Day 2020
40°C degrees and high risk of forest fires 😢
On This Day 2019
It’s been an intense week with the forest fires here on our island. The positive is that no human lives were lost and they were able to stabilize it before it jumped to the next forest. We had ash falling in our garden but some people have lost their pets, farm animals, homes and crops. 9,000 people were evacuated.
On This Day 2018
Twitter notifications have gone nuts again. All my mentions from last 24 hours have disappeared. Sorry if you tweeted me! 😆
On This Day 2017
On Season 1 episode 5 of Game Of Thrones – I’m a bit late to the party but this show is amazing!
On This Day 2016
- I’ve been making pup barricades for 2 weeks, gave up in the end.
- My little Houdini jumped the footrest and flew off the top, days after knee surgery! I looked away for 2 seconds
- He’s fine. That’s what happens when you call your dog Rambo 😅
- Dreamt I was in Ghostbusters but I was using a Dyson instead of a Proton Pack. 🤣
On This Day 2015
- I’ve just started world 6 of Yoshi’s Woolly World (WiiU). Snifberg was a fun boss to beat in world 5.
*Contains affiliate links because this girl needs coffee. Anytime you make a purchase through my affiliate links I get a small commission at no extra cost to you. 💖